Wednesday, June 21, 2006

 

"A nnnnewww trrrrrack rrrrrecord..."

Tuesday is both the first and the shortest run of my training week. Last night I was scheduled for 3 miles, but since my loop is about 1.25 three laps gave me 3.75 miles. So anyway, for that distance my previous best time was 29:10, but last night I pushed it down to 28:38 (7:33/mile pace). Not superhuman by any means but great news for me.

I'm registered for the Chicago Distance Classic (half-marathon/13.1 miles) on August 13th and my goal for that race is to beat 1:45 (an 8 min/mile average pace). If I can do that, it qualifies me for a spot in the second preferred starting group at the Chicago Marathon this fall. So that 7:33 pace from last night is pretty encouraging.

Here's how Google Maps sees my neighborhood loop.

Comments:
BAH HA HA! Such a lemming to join the blogger. :) This coming from a myspace member with a countdown to the Baltimore Marathon. Right. So congrats on your training - 7:33 sounds pretty awesome to me! VROOM.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?