Tuesday, August 29, 2006

 

A Success Story

This is reprinted from our weekly Team in Training email update, but I hope my laziness is compensated for by the good news one of our patient honorees got this week:

This week's Mission Message comes from the family of patient honoree Jordan Pickering.

Good Afternoon everyone!

Well we got the results of her bone marrow test and it is clean! Her spinal fluid is Clear! Well 1 test down and 3 more to go.

Her next appointment is in a month for blood counts and her antibiotic. This is just an awesome week!

Jordan is enjoying her start to school. Riding the bus, making new friends and getting a good jump on her reading. Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers. Please keep them going as there are still many hurdles to jump and too many kids and adults that are battling this disease.

Thanks.

Love

The Pickering's


Sometimes, actually often, I get caught up in race times and training schedules and fail to remember the focus: Working toward a cure for blood cancers. Jordan's great test results help reinforce the reason I'm participating in Team in Training - to produce some good from the running I enjoy. It wasn't enough this year to just run the race, and I'm really thankful for the opportunity to be a part of this, even in my own small way.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?