Wednesday, August 09, 2006

 

Weekend Round-Up

Yes, I'm running the weekend round-up on Wednesday. What of it?

Last Saturday I did my 8 mile workout on a high school track. I've done this before (the last time was also the week before a big race) so I was pretty sure it would go OK. The weather was pretty good, not too warm or humid, and the track was empty which was nice for a Paxil candidate like me. I know I look goofy running so the fewer people around the better.

I ran pretty well with a strong last mile and lap to finish my 8 in 1:03:35, just under the 8:00/mile pace I'm working on. To even out the stress on my knees I ran miles 4, 6 and 7 clockwise and the rest the traditional counter-clockwise. I had no soreness or other ill effects so I think it worked out well.

Now for other blog stuff. Check out my first YouTube video from the Brickyard 400 NASCAR race. Poor quality so I'll have to work on it.

Also I have two new photo galleries up, one of auto racing and one of food racing.

Just a few days away from Sunday's Chicago Distance Classic. For some reason I always enjoy the packet pick-up and expo at these events, so I'm looking forward to going to that as well. I hope the shirt is good.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?