Monday, October 09, 2006

 

13 days...

Less than two weeks until the Chicago Marathon. Two looooong weeks. This week is the worst of all, since it is too far from the race to really start getting ready (like planning those last few meals, getting gear together etc) but close enough that there are no more long runs (last Saturday was 12 miles, and until the race I won't go longer than 8) so I start feeling antsy about not spending time running. It's "taper madness" and it's annoying.

In the meantime I'll take this space to thanks everyone who has contributed (so far!) to my Leukemia and Lymphoma fundraising effort - see http://www.active.com/donate/tntil/joelcorbin for more information and my up-to-the-minute fundraising total. So far, runners in the Chicago area alone have raised over $750,000 for blood cancer research, and you are all a part of that. Thanks!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?