Saturday, October 21, 2006

 

26 hours...

With just one day left I can finally stop worrying about whether I've trained enough and finally concentrate on worrying about whether I'm carb-loading enough. Today is the expo (where you pick up your T-shirt, bib number, timing chip and loads of free stuff) so that should distract me for a while.

In other news I finally cleared my Leukemia & Lymphoma Society fundraising goal of $1400 - Big, huge thanks to everyone who donated. In some ways this was more difficult that training for the marathon itself, but overall I'm really glad I did it. Everyone on the Chicago North team (and I'm sure all the other chapters) is relentlessly positive and upbeat and always encouraging about training and fundraising. This has been a great experience and I will probably do it again sometime.

Now it's time to get my stuff together and start the last day before the race. Woooo!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?